Khao Lak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skibud1

Registered
Reaction score
Hi I have a two week trip booked to Khao Lak commencing mid November 2017. I am travelling with my non diving and no intention of diving partner, but I like to get a couple of days diving in on such trips, could someone recommend a dive shop that do day dives and any suggestions re best sites to visit that time of year would be appreciated.
I don't think I would get away with a liveaboard and would rather avoid crowded boats, if that is possible.
I have 120+ logged dives Advanced equivalent certification.
The last time I visited Thailand was a fleeting visit to Bangkok and Pattaya in 1987.
Many thanks

I used Big Blue Diving in Khao Lak for day trips and I was very pleased with their service and equipment.

On their website you can view their weekly schedule and dive sites. My favorites were Richelieu Rock, Koh Bon and Koh Tachai.

http://www.bigbluedivingkhaolak.com/

I dove with SeaBees and they were awesome, very professional and a great organisation. Koh Lak is one of my favs as there is lots to do, great restaurants, little shops and great beaches. We rented a scooter and toured around which was great.

Best sites are Koh Bon, and especially Tachai and Richelieu Rock. In reality there are only 2 boats going there on a regular basis, Big Blue, a speedboat, and Wetzone, a catamaran. I prefer the latter, a bit more comfortable than speedboat diving IMO.

We also dove big blue. The time on the water was our determining factor. Big blue is 90 minutes to Richelieu rock. Everyone else was at least twice that.

Have you considered a two or three day liveaboard?

Rick

We also dove big blue. The time on the water was our determining factor. Big blue is 90 minutes to Richelieu rock. Everyone else was at least twice that.

Have you considered a two or three day liveaboard?

Rick
Not correct. The earlier mentioned Wetzone catamaran is about the same time as Big Blue.

Thanks guys and apologies for the late response. Very helpful as usual.

is KOH TACHAI open for diving now?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom