Khao Lak Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dived last month with Seaqdragon on the Adaman for a 4 days Liveaboard: everything was just in place. Good dives, good boat, good crew. Simple, well oraganised, secure and carefull without being too straight. good price too. I will come back with them with no hesitation.
you have my trip report to read if you want ( early December )

wow, seems to be a lot of issues going on here!

as to recommending a diving crew to go with to visit the similans and surin.

i've have just come back from thailand where i spent christmas with sea dragon on their andaman boat. a 4 day liveaboard that takes you up the simlians and onto surin before ending with richelieu rock. i had an amazing experience and felt that the divemasters who look after the customers are hugely experienced and highly professional when it comes to diving. the food was also top notch thai food which is cooked up by the thai staff.
i ended up coming away from the liveaboard feeling i had got more than my moneys worth. it certainly has a more back packer feel to it with a warm atmosphere. which suited me fine as i'm young and can't afford the 5 star service.

as for the diving... i just felt there where way too many dive boats out there. we only had one location too ourself and when you get to dive elephants head or richelieu you have to barge your way through the crowds. nothing to do with the organisation, more to do with the popularity of the area. which sucked.

i couldn't recommend sea dragon enough, although i haven't been with any other organisation there

divingdingo:
wow, seems to be a lot of issues going on here!
Yup - one of the issues is responding to a post that's more than a year old and was started in 2003! :D

At that point,one can wonder who pick that old post and why;;; maybe someone really new at scubaboard, with just one or three posts...
Anyway, SB staff is still around and do the job ( even if that time it means pointing my nose in my own.... )

Well J valve,
I would be interested in hearing what it is that you do for a living as you have been in khao lak for 3 years, are you a disgruntled Dive shop owner who couldn't compete or are you one of the idle rich who can sit back and throw stones? No doubt there are people out there who want your $s but at the end of the day diving is an expensive sport to do, operate & maintain. Just the fuel costs alone to get from the mainland to the similans/ Richelieu etc are prohibitive or should we all forget about maintenance of equipment & engines to make it cheaper? get real mate Diving costs money & diver safety is paramount.
Anyway I have lived in this wonderful country for many years and have met many people like you who only winge for winging sake & I agree with the other guys who say " If you don't like it then ******* Off back where you came from & leave us in peace!!

Hmmmmm...jvalve...
Last Online At: 12-07-2004 10:55 PM

I doubt if you'll get a reply on this one! :D

Kim:
Hmmmmm...jvalve...
Last Online At: 12-07-2004 10:55 PM

I doubt if you'll get a reply on this one! :D
If jvalve was still in Khao Lak 2 weeks after that last post he may not be able to reply now:06:

wedivebc:
If jvalve was still in Khao Lak 2 weeks after that last post he may not be able to reply now:06:
Hmmmmm.....you might well have a point there.

That's the second old one to be dug up today. Look at the dates people!

I guess j-valve has realised no-one uses j-valves anymore, has changed his name to k-valve and left Thailand a loooooooong time ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom