Keystone jetty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VooDooGasMan

Contributor
Reaction score
The lings are taking charge of the eggs, I was looking in holes when one hit me, turned and came back by under me. To my futher knowledge when I looked below me and found this DSC04593.JPG So Now I know I was in his territory, this is the treatment they give you. YouTube - M4H04605.MP4
so now I shall be on the lookout for these fellas.

Happy Diving

It's funny, I have rarely seen lings really aggressive. At Edmonds, where there are a lot of them, they often just sit and look at you. At Sund Rock, we had one that was swimming circles in a tizzy at the approach of divers, but he didn't attack anybody. This is in contrast to the cabezons, who are just plain crazy! I guess the ones at Keystone aren't quite as diver-conditioned as the ones at Edmonds.

While the Edmonds cabezon are crazy (A dozen attacks last weekend), I have been nailed by irritated lingcod a couple of times. My son, the one I quote in my signature, was attacked by a ling on a night dive at Edmonds. The fish at Edmonds are so confident that even the rockfish cop an attitude.

It's funny, I have rarely seen lings really aggressive. At Edmonds, where there are a lot of them, they often just sit and look at you. At Sund Rock, we had one that was swimming circles in a tizzy at the approach of divers, but he didn't attack anybody. This is in contrast to the cabezons, who are just plain crazy! I guess the ones at Keystone aren't quite as diver-conditioned as the ones at Edmonds.

Speaking of crazy cabbies ... :D

IMG_0657.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

cabezons in the park have been brutal to a diver for 15 years that I know of. The lings seem to cath me by suprise when they attack, and they go for upper body. alot of times you see the mass, but the ones you don't, BOOM!!!!

That ling in vid was no little guy, in vid, thats about ten foot deeper. although it made it a fun dive.

Happy Diving

wow............I have never seen a ling do that either............guess I should make it up to Edmonds

keystone and over to pillings

Great day under, calm sea's, sun out, vis was awesome. First off ya gotta love this guyDSC04760.JPG:fire::fire: then this giantDSC04764.JPG:no:, just below him this one was a bit smaller, about 46"DSC04770.JPG by now I decide to head east, for that was the first decent of dive.DSC04772.JPG

Took petes line over:babycrawl:DSC04782.JPG and some good life clinging on thereDSC04786.JPG I soon was looking at the pillings.DSC04806.JPG and my time was not bad fighting current in 13m of sea water:snorkel:DSC04791.JPG.

Did vid on way out, and vid through pillings.

Happy Diving

Is that octo still in his little cave on the far side from the entry, about halfway back, at the bottom?

I saw one a few years ago, the eyeball was the size of a softball, mantle about 18" or so! Huge!

:D

Yea there is octos in that area and others, every one takes turns in those holes. Found one blowing on its eggs on this dive, did vid. can't get you tube going anymore to show. the octo was big.

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom