Keys trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joey c

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Well me and my son made a trip down to the keys on friday afternoon. We got there about 3:00 pm, put the boat in the water and drove out to french reef. The vis was about 60 feet and we had a great dive. There was alot of snapper and grouper and the reef looks like it is coming back from last years stroms ok. We went back to our slip and cooked some steaks on the grill. than the wind picked up and it got down to about 66 overnight, it was nice to sleep in, but I knew that it was going to hurt the vis for the next day. On saturday we got up and went to mollasses reef and the vis was down to about 40 feet with 3 to 4 foot seas, but we made the best of it and had two good dives. Hey I spend time with my 15 year old son and was in the keys for a day or so, so how could it get any better than that. Going back down there in a few weeks for 5 days or so. I hope the vis gets a litter better. seeeeeeeee ya.

Joe

I'm trying to go down to Key Largo on Memorial Day. Since I'm too lazy to look up the bouy online, what was the water temp? Thanks.

HappyFunBoater:
I'm trying to go down to Key Largo on Memorial Day. Since I'm too lazy to look up the bouy online, what was the water temp? Thanks.

Am going this week - water temp approximately 80.

I'm heading down to the Keys on Thursday! Can't wait!

the viz in the upper keys has been mostly in the 70ft or better range on some reefs lately(usually molasses or snapper ledge}

water temp yesterday(sunday) on the duane was 79f on the surface and 77f on the deck(105ft). viz was 100ft on the 1st dive and 50 to 60ft on the second. current was light to mdt. wore a 5mm and was comfortable after 2 dives.

reefman
key largo

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom