Key west dive locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diesel298

Reaction score
So thetres agood chance ill be down that way with a month or so for some work for a few days.
im hoping that ill get some time to do some diving for myself.
if so. any recomendations as to a local charter operation.
ill have my gear but will need to rent prefreably a steel 100 and if its a deeper charter id like a big steel and a stage with 50% or even some doubles...
ill be bringing my regs and BP/W mask fins blah blah blah....
TIA
Ray

I'd drive a half-hour or hour back to the east and get out of Key West for diving.

I never thought the diving was that great in Key West in the first place compared to the rest of the Keys, but this year they've had very bad "VIS" problems in the water there due to currents/storms, etc.

It's worth the drive back to Looe Key, or further up the chain for better diving.

o yeah and what do ya have for water temps..
i would like to do a nice deep wreck and most likley get some deco.
what suit recomendations..
i have a poseidon unisuit (probally overkill)
a fer 7mm bare wet suits with attached hood (still overkill)
remember folks i dive NE shipwrecks normally :)
but i have my pool suits when working with students in the pool..
a 3 mm shortey and a 3 mill farmer jon
i really dont wanna buy a suit for this trip

mike_s:
I'd drive a half-hour or hour back to the east and get out of Key West for diving.

I never thought the diving was that great in Key West in the first place compared to the rest of the Keys, but this year they've had very bad "VIS" problems in the water there due to currents/storms, etc.

It's worth the drive back to Looe Key, or further up the chain for better diving.
cool.
ill try that if i can
it might be a spur of the moment thing depending on what i have for time...
whats bad viz .
also recomendations on shops or charter ops.

ok cool..
so leave the unisuit at home :)

Well, I'm doing my Deco Procedures check-out dives there so there has got to be some good wrecks there or my wreck-diving instructor wouldn't go. I'm not sure what they are yet, but I will talk to him next week.

your instructor have a shop in that area...
and what charter operation...
im not bringing my tanks

Nope, but my instructor's instructor was Billy Deans so he know that area. I'll let you know the details if you want when I find out next week.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom