Key Largo Next Weekend!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fda483

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Lets hope you guys get a pass from Ivan!!! If it goes as expected into the gulf, do you think the seas will calm down enough to get dives in on 9/18 - 20?? This is my first trip to Key Largo - really looking forward to a visit to the Spiegel Grove!!!

I'm trying to run a trip down there, but think many have evacuated

fda483:
Lets hope you guys get a pass from Ivan!!! If it goes as expected into the gulf, do you think the seas will calm down enough to get dives in on 9/18 - 20?? This is my first trip to Key Largo - really looking forward to a visit to the Spiegel Grove!!!
It looks like we'll get some wind and waves today and tomorrow... then things will begin to settle down. Check out the "Molasses Reef" link via our "Weather" page at www.BlueWaterDiver.net for the latest local marine forecast.

Deeper sites (including the Spiegel Grove, Duane, and Bibb) are generally less affected by wind and waves than are the shallows.

I recommend staying in Tavernier....the Keys motel..with Divers City basically right next to it. the motel is cheap and nice/clean and the dive operator is good, and not a cattle boat either and will take you whereever you want. Barbara is the owner of this place.

Brent, did any boats go out today?
I would doubt there are many paying customers around.
Give us an update on conditions once boats start going out again.

HarleyDiver:
Brent, did any boats go out today?
I would doubt there are many paying customers around.
Give us an update on conditions once boats start going out again.
Key Largo has been like a ghost town. I'll post conditions as soon as we get back out there. It looks as though things will begin to improve tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom