Key Largo-Key West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ke167

Reaction score
My wife Has to make an interview in Key West next week. Looks like I might be able to get time off from work. Have tried to email a few places in Key Largo and Key West
yesterday, I'm waiting for responses. Any suggestions or comments on how diving might be next week?

ke167:
My wife Has to make an interview in Key West next week. Looks like I might be able to get time off from work. Have tried to email a few places in Key Largo and Key West
yesterday, I'm waiting for responses. Any suggestions or comments on how diving might be next week?

If you want to party and drink, Key West is the place to go.

If you want to dive, choose any place in the Keys but Key West.
It's not that the diving in Key West is terrible, but there is
diving that is MUCH BETTER just down the road.

I would say that Key Largo is the 'favorite' for divers, but the other
keys between there and Key West offer good diving also.

There is some great diving in Key West - the problem is that none of the commercial boats will take you there. It was like that in Hawaii also - the really spectacular stuff was too far off the beaten path or the currents were too strong.

There's a couple of decent wrecks to check out in Key West... Joe's Tug? If I recall... Otherwise... Dive in Largo. It's much better.

ke167:
We went out this morning and found one foot seas and ~60' of visibility at the Benwood Wreck and French Reef in Key Largo. I haven't heard from anyone down south (Rachel?), but things are pretty much back to "normal" here in Key Largo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom