Key Largo Adaptive Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Key Largo Dive Center

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Our very own office girl finally got certified! Amber, AKA Sharkbait, lost her leg almost 6 years ago in a motorcycle accident. But that hasn't stopped her from diving! She's put a clip on her BC and can attach it to the tag line to get in and out of her gear in water, as well as a few more special modifications.
PA242650.JPG

PA292726.JPG

Congrats Amber!

That's an amazing and inspirational story. This once again proves that the only limitations we have are the ones we place on ourselves. There is nothing stronger than the will and desire of a determined, motivated individual. YOU GO GIRL!

this is an inspiring story...congratulations and job well done.

7 years amputee here. I would suggest trying to see if she can get up the ladder with the gear on, I thought I could just take off my gear all the time, but during a recent trip where the seas were 5-6 feet I wasn't comfortable being on the surface with just my snorkel. It was a struggle, but I made back on the boat.

Wow - is that mask PINK! :D

7 years amputee here. I would suggest trying to see if she can get up the ladder with the gear on, I thought I could just take off my gear all the time, but during a recent trip where the seas were 5-6 feet I wasn't comfortable being on the surface with just my snorkel. It was a struggle, but I made back on the boat.
They did mention she retrofitted her BC with a clip that can be attached to a tagline so she can put on / take her gear off in the water. Nonetheless, it's still amazing that she get certified. I admire her determination.

Back
Top Bottom