Key Largo Accomodations- Early December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dresslma88

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

My wife and I are looking to take a trip to Key Largo for a week to relax and dive. We are looking for recommendations for places to stay. We don't wanna break the bank on a place and have no problem staying somewhere a little more budget friendly with less amenities. Appreciate any input!

Thanks!

We ended up planning and cancelling (for Covid reasons) 2 trips to Key Largo in the past year and a half. Both times lodging was the difficult part, and both times for us the cheapest decent option we found was going with a package deal from the dive shop (Rainbow Reef) which saved a lot on the Marriott or Holiday Inn near the shop. Was still going to be fairly pricey. Other options we found were discount hotels near Homestead, FL or Florida City, FL -- but I believe for those you are talking 40-60 minutes drive each way, depending on traffic.

December is high season in the Keys so it will probably not be inexpensive. Your best bet would be either a package deal as stated above or an Airbnb if you can find one. Be careful with the Airbnb's as they are not always what they appear to be.

I stayed at a condo near taverner called ocean point suites. I booked through Airbnb or VRBO. The condo was really nice and they have a huge pool on site as well as a decent sized (for the keys) beach. Was 5-10 minutes from the marina that horizons launches from.

Keys + December != Budget Friendly

A package option with Rainbow Reef or Horizon Divers at the Holiday Inn is your best bet.

Hi everyone.

My wife and I are looking to take a trip to Key Largo for a week to relax and dive. We are looking for recommendations for places to stay. We don't wanna break the bank on a place and have no problem staying somewhere a little more budget friendly with less amenities. Appreciate any input!

Thanks!

The last 2 trips down, I stayed at the hampton inn in homestead florida. It was about a 20 minute drive, but it was significantly cheaper and the amenities were great.

Hi everyone.

Thanks!
Call Rainbow Reef. They have an incredible dive/ Marriott package. We are going in early Dec. I think our room is $135/night. Rates for the Marriott right near their boat are now $400/night

We do VRBO in Islamorada. Little more laid back there it seems, and we have been using the same shop for the last 11 years.

Look into Islamorada. There are a bunch of places to stay a bit cheaper than what the going rate is in Key Largo. For Labor Day weekend we stayed at the Hampton Inn with a Florida resident rate of 280.00 plus tax. The deal deal through rainbow reef was way more. Islamorada has some real nice dive spots and close enough to key largo where the majority of dive operators are found. Also, a little more than an hour away from Key West if you want to have a little side trip.

Back
Top Bottom