Kelvin Grove Sewage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is all done and good to dive :)

Thanks. How long has it been done? I've been avoiding there for some time. Perhaps unnecessarily.

Rant time.

The xenophobia of Lion's Bay is starting to irk me. We showed up this morning to dive, and of course, all the 4 or so spots for 'non-residents' are taken. The whole parking lot of 'resident' parking was, as usual empty. Next to the visitor stalls is a bunch more parking space where parking is prohibited.

Oh, and we aren't supposed to change in and out of exposure suits. And we are limited to 3 hours.

I find the same thing when I go up to the mountains trailhead behind Lion's bay as well. No parking for 'visitors' and a nice big empty lot for residents who obviously never use it and don't care.

A few months ago, the local bylaw enforcer ticketed my friends car almost exactly as the three hours expired as if they were waiting or someone was calling it in with a stop watch. Meanwhile, a car of locals down at the beach who had parked in the fire lane all morning didn't get a ticket.

What the hell is wrong with this place? I'm surprised they haven't tried to turn it into a gated community.

We ended up having to go to Porteau. Thanks again Lion's Bay for screwing up our day.

We ended up having to go to Porteau. Thanks again Lion's Bay for screwing up our day.

Life is a bitch and rich people rules the world. Same things everywhere and Canada is not an exception... I was trying walking on rocks in West Vancouver - BELOW the high tide mark. Just to take pictures of the shoreline... Few house owners told me to get lost ASAP or they will call a police.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom