Kelvin Grove dive on Sunday Nov 8th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StuartT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I would like to try this divesite but never done it before. Anyone who has interested in a couple of dives there this Sunday.

Stuart

are you trying to orchestrate a full parking lot??

I am sure that ONE person in Lions Bay would take offense to that.... but probably only one...

are you trying to orchestrate a full parking lot??

I am sure that ONE person in Lions Bay would take offense to that.... but probably only one...
No just looking for someone who is familiar with the site to show me and or us around. There will probably only be a few of us. You planning to dive there?

I am kinda outta the water till I get my gear Malfunction remedied and Mares is at DEMA

I guess I could scrounge a schwack of lead and a belt..

but of the 5-10 dives I done there, it is a dirt easy site:

just walk down the gravel path and take your first right, straight down some stairs, check your suit zips and keep walking.... head towards the point you are looking at and descend whenever you want, keep the wall to the right and pick your depth... turn as you see fit...

If anyone else has more points to throw up, please post it up here so I can check it out next time too...

I might come out, what time?

I'm night-diving tonight at whytecliff. Single-tank.

I might be able to come so long as it's not super early. Will need to get two tanks filled, but that's no problem.

I might come out, what time?

I'm night-diving tonight at whytecliff. Single-tank.

I might be able to come so long as it's not super early. Will need to get two tanks filled, but that's no problem.
Leaving Abbotsford around 8ish so should be there about 9 or so.

Stuart, I am in but just for 1 dive (I have to be back in Abby by 1pm). That being the case I will probably drive in myself so you and Kyle can do a second dive.
See you at Kelvin at 9.

Stuart, I am in but just for 1 dive (I have to be back in Abby by 1pm). That being the case I will probably drive in myself so you and Kyle can do a second dive.
See you at Kelvin at 9.
Sounds good Dale see you then. I'll give you a call when we actually hit the road from our place.

Stuart

Thanks to Stuart and the gang for organizing this dive last week-end. I had never dove Kelvin Grove before, it is a cool little shore dive! I think the recent notoriety and fuss with Lion's Bay will make it more popular!

Mustang_5l and I spotted a nice decorated warbonnet hiding in a cloud sponge at about 110 ft. There were lots of nice cloud sponges at around 100 to 120 ft.

We also saw a few grunt sculpins, nice big lings, etc. I wish I had seen the big octo that Kyle and some of the others saw in only 40 ft of water.

I wish I could join you guys again tomorrow, but I have to work! :(

Hopefully I will get the chance to try this dive again soon!

cheers,

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom