Kelvin Grove Council meeting Tuesday Sept 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the update Sintax.

Can you clarify in what way they acknowledged the bylaw as being illegal?

Linda, the ex-councillor mentioned how the bylaw was unlawfull in her list of complaints about the bylaw. It was mentioned sort of in passing but I got the impression that everyone on council was fully aware of it.

I think your ideas about education and the posters are EXACTLY what we need to do. If they don't decide to just kill the bylaw alltogether after their next meeting (can't wait to read the minutes!) this is an excellent solution to offer to them.

Sintax,
Really good to meet you and thanks for going to the Council meeting. FYI, I did get a return email from Susan Loutet saying that a diving representative would have 2 minutes to speak at the meeting. I guess there just wasn't time?? No matter. Sounds as if things are going in the right general direction.
Our meeting at the Edge Dive Centre was quite productive. I hope that within the next few weeks, we will have an achievable set of guidelines that can be followed by divers and residents alike.

You West Coasties rock, talk about an organzational tour-de-force! Very inspirational.

Back
Top Bottom