Kelly's $16 Margarita?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwdiver2:
I would say why put expensive French orange brandy, Grand Mariner and expensive Tequila in a mixed drink, both are best straight up. I stick with Triple Sec and bar tequila even in Mexico.

It would be like using aged scotch whiskey in a mixed drink or having a 18 year old Canadian rye whiskey with Coke.

I completely agree. Everytime I see someone mix Crown Royal and coke I want to smack 'em.

Ron Brandt:
Let me assist your memory:
Ron

One can read lots of reviews and accounts but they don't have the same impact as a few quality photos like that. Thanks.

It would be neat if there was a site that provided photos of all the places there.

Ron Brandt:
Just do it !!!........Smack 'em good for me too!

Ron

I'd like to third that smack!

I had been following this thread since the beginning but have wanted to say "it's your money" but it's nuts in my opinion to use such great liquor in a mixed drink. I laugh every time I hear the Crown and coke orders too! Try Seagrams 7 for half the price and see if you really can tell the difference. Just a week or two ago I watched some yuppie order a Grey Goose Screwdriver. To each his own I guess, but my Don Julio and Don Fernando will be sipped staight up, Grey Goose will be in a Vodka Martini, and Crown will be on the rocks, or with a splash of water or soda. JMHO

Matt

Kat:
I'm not sure why you're complaining. You ordered top shelf drinks, drank them, then complained about the price & got your money back. All it cost you was some insults. And after all that, I bet you didn't tip your server & bartender.
And you're still b!tchin' ?

'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt by your philosophy'

I said he threw our money on the table, which we did not take but left for the staff. I did not drink the margarita which was watered down with the less expensive liquor. You do not know the nature of the insults which also involved insulting his bartender, 'She's just a Mexican' Perhaps racism is okay for you but I will not support it.

I have a friend who was a partner in a restaurant bar in Baja. He bought tequila in 55 gallon drums and his well drinks contained $00.30 worth of tequila. Don Julio at Cinco Soles cost $38, this is retail. As a bar he should be getting wholesale prices.

Last night we had dinner at La Cocay, top shelf w/Don Julio cost $6.00. Incredulous I said "$6.00???", thinking I was complaining they apologized and said that Don Julio was expensive. From our survey of bars, Kelley's was the most expensive at $16.00, then $8.00, $7.50, $6.50, and $6.00.

Some feedback from some of the folks who live here indicate that this has happened before. It's okay for you as a tourist to pack up your bags and go home but what about those people left behind. Those whose livelihood depends on tourism. A few of the locals were incensed at his behavior, saying it was people like that who gave Cozumel a bad reputation.

boulderjohn:
Ron, Ron, Ron. What were you thinking? How long have you lived in Colorado?

While at Winter Park/Jane a few weeks ago, my wife and I havd a delightful lunch for a very reasonable price. And no lines. We just sat down and dipped into the fanny pack for a well made and nutritious meal.

Sixteen years of my life in Colorado :D

Yeah, I know. Actually Jane used to have reasonable prices, as does Abasin. However Jane is no longer the locals spot that it once was. I had not been there in years as I've been doing the Colorado pass thing. WinterPark has changed, and has become more like Vail than like Abasin. I liked it MUCH better a decade ago.

I generally pack a lunch, or even tailgate it with a BBQ, but I was with a buddy who had two kids in lessons all day, and our day revolved a bit around that. He was hard pressed to get the kids out the door with all their stuff at 6:00am, and we just agreed to bite the bullet, and purchase lunch rather than do the whole pack lunch thing. I don't even want to tell you what he spent for that day of fun! :D

At least the skiing was great! Boy there is going to be some flooding this year in the mountain towns :11doh:

Count me in as one of those who prefers using GOOD brands in my margaritas. I don't always order them that way, because of the price, but when I make them at home, I always use a premium tequila and either Grand Mariner or Cointreau, but NEVER Triple Blech.

It is sort of like ording a nice prime rib and having the restaurant cutting out the center and putting ground beef in it.

divematt:
I'd like to third that smack!

I had been following this thread since the beginning but have wanted to say "it's your money" but it's nuts in my opinion to use such great liquor in a mixed drink. I laugh every time I hear the Crown and coke orders too! Try Seagrams 7 for half the price and see if you really can tell the difference. Just a week or two ago I watched some yuppie order a Grey Goose Screwdriver. To each his own I guess, but my Don Julio and Don Fernando will be sipped staight up, Grey Goose will be in a Vodka Martini, and Crown will be on the rocks, or with a splash of water or soda. JMHO

Matt

Two words: Jose Cuervo :D

jose_especial.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom