Keeping a Mask Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSarus

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just want to report I took someones idea of putting silicone on thier face and insted put it around the skirt of my mask. The mask finally was 100% dry for a 50ft dive for 55 minutes. Looks like my large tub for life of silicone will be put to good use.

Thought Ide share this tidbit.

What problem do you have to require adding something(ie silicone) to your mask system???...I have had about 5 different masks since my getting certified in '85 & have been able to wear each interchangable @ any time with no problems(of leaking)...

What problem do you have to require adding something(ie silicone) to your mask system???...I have had about 5 different masks since my getting certified in '85 & have been able to wear each interchangable @ any time with no problems(of leaking)...

What problem do you have to require adding something(ie silicone) to your mask system???...I have had about 5 different masks since my getting certified in '85 & have been able to wear each interchangably @ any time with no problems(of leaking)...

What problem do you have to require adding something(ie silicone) to your mask system???...I have had about 5 different masks since my getting certified in '85 & have been able to wear each interchangably @ any time with no problems(of leaking)...

May be the mask is getting old as its been the sole mask for me for 6 yrs. Aslo its a Tulsa Visulator and its a bit oversized but nice to have a great view with. I was dry for the first 3 years then seemed to let water in more and more.

I got it worse, i had a cressi sub matrix for about a month and recently its been starting to leak...when I first got it it was completely dry.

Back
Top Bottom