Keep my Fusion or get something else???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brysonjk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Currently I have the whites fusion. Let me first say that i really like the suit. I have only put about 50 dives on it, and the knees on my tech skin are peeling. I have spent some time on rocks where I dive, kneeling while getting used to my sidemount setup. That put more stress on the knees then normal.

Here is my question. Should I get the bullet skin for my Fusion, or should I sell it on here, and look into something else. I am thinking the DR 905, or the Pinnacle evo 2. Not that I have limited my options to just those two.

Perhaps there was someone else out there in my same dilemma, and might shed some light on it for me. Is the Fusions worth sinking another 500.00 into, or if I was to sell it for 700.00 or so, then the 500.00 that I would be sinking into it would put me within a couple hundred from a brand new suit.

What do you think?
Jeremy

Are you going to be diving tomorrow?

The knee "pads" on the Fusion are not all that robust and a little peeling is probably normal and won't negatively impact suit performance. We could compare suits next time we run into each other.

I bought a DUI TLS 350 and got kevlar reinforced kneepads (I hear the crushed neoprene kneepads are even tougher). If you do choose a different suit, you might want to look at the DUI. I wanted reinforced kneepads and bellows pockets, so the Signature Series was the best way to proceed. It also guaranteed a custom fit since the Signature Series is custom tailored to the individual.

You could also take the skin off, take it in to any seamstress or tailor, and have then add wear pads of any material you choose. Would cost far less than either a new skin or a new suit from a different manufacturer.

Trading due to peeling knees is an expensive option. Plus if you really like the Fusion you might not be as happy in another suit. Try what BCDave said, or just cover the knees with some duct tape.

This is actually an old thread that I have forgot to close. I ended up getting a fantastic deal on a Dive Rite 905 front zip, and sold the fusion. Honestly, I am much happier with the 905. There is more material to deal with, and it isn't form fitting, but to me it is far more comfortable. I like the way the air moves about on the inside. I can use the "bubble" for trim. But about the fusion. I think the idea of the person that bought the suit from me is going to put coats of aquaseal on it to make a rubberized knee pad. However, I think the idea about the seamstress is a great one. If I still had it, I would probably go that route. But in the end I ended up with an almost new suit, sold the fusion and my ending out of pocket expense was like 100.00.

Back
Top Bottom