kayak sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg F

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the board, as well as diving, AND florida. I'm looking for some sites in Key Largo and Ft Myers area, to access with a Kayak for diving and spear fishing. Anyone with information would be helpful.

Thanks
Greg F. :wink:

I just checked their website and got an error, so maybe they're shut down, but the Kayuba's are very active here in Fort Lauderdale. They may also be active on your side of the state. Why not check www.kayuba.com a few times and maybe the site will come back up.

You can also search for "kayak diving" and "lauderdale" in case I had the url wrong.
Greg F:
I'm new to the board, as well as diving, AND florida. I'm looking for some sites in Key Largo and Ft Myers area, to access with a Kayak for diving and spear fishing. Anyone with information would be helpful.

you have to be south of Long Key to spear within three miles of shore. No spearing in the Key Largo Management Area of the FKNMS. No consumtive use whatsoever inside the yellow bouys. Oh yeah... and no spearing in Everglades National Park (north of the ICW) either. Welcome to Florida!

Kayuba's website .... www.kayuba.org ... although we ae primarily active in the Ft.Laud area. John Lloyd State Park, Dania, and off Oakland Ridges, a bit south of the mooring buoys is a place we call Kayuba Reef. You can spot us out on a good (non-windy!) weekend morning bright n early.

West coast ... sorry, I am not familiar with it, but
Key Largo ... we did a multi-club kayak event down at John Pennekamp.
I think the big hurdle in the Keys is being familiar with the spearfishing regulations, with a large portion protected as part of the Keys Marine Sanctuary. (FKNMS?)

Check in with some of the other Kayuba members.
I'm not sure but I -think- we have a few spearfishermen in the group.

South Florida SPearfishing Club is another group you might lookup.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom