kayak diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jan,we have 2 ocean kayaks.We've used them a coupla times in the Keys and in Vero Beach to do some shore dives.I've floated the Sante Fe and the Wacissa rivers diving for fossils as well.Kayaks are a little more difficult to dive out of then a canoe,but serve well if there aren't big waves .I watched a buddy try to get a Frenzy thru some 4' surf....didn't fare very well.He was upended and lost some gear.Good luck.

I dive off Minot shoals quite a bit and I see a couple of regular divers about a half mile out getting lobster via Malibu Ocean scouts. They use the small collapsable sea anchors, leave flags on the boats and they 'get bugs'! Its probably a good idea to have others around or to stay shallow.

Being a diver in training (and somewhat of a smart-**s I’ve been told), I’m wondering how you achieve nutral buoyancy with a kayak?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom