Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lhotta

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with any of the dive shops on Kauai? If so, how would you rate them?

Thanks,

Bill,

I thought I had replied to you but my reply did not show up...at any rate, we are heading for Kauai in September for the first time. I am interested in Bubbles Below because their web site looked so interesting.

Since it rains so much on Northeast side of the island, we will stay on close to the Southwest. If you go before September, please let me know how it goes. Have you selected a dive shop yet?

Joewr

Joe -
I have spent quite a bit of time on the internet doing some research. The two shops I have narrowed it down to are seasport divers http://www.kauaiscubadiving.com and dive kauai website http://www.divekauai.com . I chose these partially because I am staying on the south side of the island (Poipu) and they are close by. Second, Seasport was ranked in Rodale's top 5 best dive operators, and Dive Kauai has a ton of information on their web site, plus they offer advance training, so my ASSUMPTION is that they are fairly safety conscious.

I'll let you know when I get back what I thought of the dives. I'm going in July.

Bill,

Thanks for the message: I will eagerly wait to hear about your experiences on Kauai. I had already looked at the website you pointed me to and liked what I read! Have you looked at kaimanu@aloha.net? That is the site for "Bubbles Below". Barbara and I tend to like to go on smaller boats with fewer divers and that is what appealed to us about "Bubbles Below", but we did not know anything about them. Thus, our avid interest in your direct experience with any one of the dive shops on Kauai.

We have not yet selected a place to stay, but Poipu sounded good. God, Kauai sounds good right now!

Thanks again,

Joewr

Bill, Joewr,
Were there any positive results from your trip? I'm curious if the South East area, near Kauai is rewarding.

Thanks,

Serge

That was 15 years ago. You'll do better posting a question here: Hawai'i

Back
Top Bottom