Kauai Dive Report 1-7-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Traijin

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was able to take a few dives this week. Everything went pretty well.
Initially I took a 2 tank boat dive on Brenneke Ledges and Sheraton Caverns. I went through Fathom Five Divers. 6 Pack boat, moored in Koloa. The first dive sight was only a few hundred yards off the mooring. The Divemaster was good, he worked hard to find what ever he could. Plenty of neat sea life down there. Lots of turtle, wrasses, triggers, grey snapper, trumpets, spotted eels, and an octopus. The dives were well briefed, and the hot water spry aoard the boad was killer. A great experiance for the area.

I ended up sitting at the bar with Captains from several dive companies. I got to hear all sorts of neat stories about Island fishing and diving. They were all open and fun folks.

I elected to dive again and wanted another boat dive, a three tank was offered... sounds good. I was staying in Kapa'a and Koloa is about 45 minutes away. I didn't have a ride for this dive. I explained this to one of the shop owners. She volunteered to pick me up as I was on the way. I was treated to a wonderful conversation about life on the island, and running a dive operation. A one of a kind experiance.

Unfortunately, the dive was overbooked due to a glitch. The dive owners bent over backwards to give me a good experiance. I ended up taking a shore dive from Koloa Landing. Fathom Five took care of a potentially bummer of a situation very well.

The shore dive was excellent. Two tanks and only 3 divers plus the DM. This DM was also excellent. Logged over 65 minutes per dive and saw TONS of sea life! Dragon Eels, goatfish, Parrots, Tangs, Blennies, Turtles... it was a beautiful aquarium.

Between the boat dive and the shore dive, the dive shop cleaned and stored all my gear. Air Fills were good.

Overall I can say I was very pleased with this outfit.

Thank You to:

Toby, Schmitty, Mikel (Sp?), and Jeanette.

Traijin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom