Kauai dive operations looking for Divemaster/instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquamanKauai

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
This time of year many dive shops throughout Hawaii are looking to restaff for the nearing summer months. Here on Kauai in particular several of the operations are looking to hire staff. If you have any questions or interests in diving opportunities on the islands please feel free to send me a PM (personal message) and I would be happy to help. There are many opportunities from entry level though advanced Divemastering trips. Just wanted to put myself out there as a resource for those who might be exploring the idea.

Best of island wishes
A

Thank you for offering a helping hand to those of us searching! I am a senior at Rollins College in Florida, currently I am working my way through certifications hopefully becoming an instructor before I graduate in May, but at least divemaster. I wanted to inquire to see if this is an annual theme in Kauai every year or if it's no longer relevant?

This is an annual theme for sure. It is a very transient industry and companies are frequently looking for new DM's and instructors. Instructors have the easiest time for sure as they are more valuable to a company as they are able to guide as well as teach. That being said, there are still opportunities for DM's as well. Many DM's are hired with the intent/commitment to taking the Instructor Development Course (IDC) and Instructor Exam (IE) while employed at a given dive shop. You may find yourself doing lots of assisting and even shop work until you get your instructor rating. In some instances DM's are guiding here without being an instructor as well, but that's usually after some experience diving here in the islands.
A

Maui and Big Island are likely to be the same with potentially even more opportunities due to the size of the islands and volume of dive centers.

Back
Top Bottom