Katrina call-out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is my personal opinion (and not necessarily that of management) that the Director of FEMA should be flying from a flag pole in New Orleans.

Dan[/QUOTE]
I guess there will be a lot of blame to go around. One of the recruits in our training academy is from Louisiana. His father is a Major with the Fish and Game Dept. he told me that his dad said the situation was overwhelming and they needed a hand real bad.
I saw the request which stated they needed five hundred flat bottom boats with sworn officers for law enforcement, search and rescue and recovery. I can't figure out who is at fault but it is a cluster. I hope they get their act together next time.
We have been told we will not go down there, period. Now I see the Mayor of New Orleans giving the police and ems and firemen a paid vacation to Las Vegas while there are still people trapped and needing assistance. I sympathize with the public safety folks but suck it up and keep moving. I don't see our folks in Iraq getting to go to Vegas after a week of combat. They don't need to go to Vegas rigt now, but they damn sure need some assistance asap and the bureacrats are screwing everything up as usual. Hopefully there are assets in place now to get the job done, but I would not bet on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom