Kanahoe Bay Area Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willywin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Going to be staying on base next week. Looking to do a few dives probably Wednesday or Thursday. Maybe as early as Tuesday, depending on what time I arrive. Not sure if anyone is familiar with any good dives there, or would be interested in diving the base beach area f you haven't before. I am going to be camping on the beach which will make it easy to park and do a beach launch for anyone who is interested.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Jeremy

Most "scuba" diving happens on any other side of the Island than Kaneohe Bay. :idk:

halemanō;6091943:
Most "scuba" diving happens on any other side of the Island than Kaneohe Bay. :idk:

Thanks for that. Modify this to anywhere around the Island other than Kaneohe side Tues or Wed.

Reasons not to dive in Kaneohe Bay? Crummy viz; hammerhead shark breeding area; and a dead barrier reef. The reef got screwed when raw sewage was pumped into the Bay some decades ago. It's now overrun by algae, to the point where commercial divers vacuum it up by hand. There are better places to dive off Oahu. That said, the waters off Coconut Island looked amazing, but as an active research facility, we weren't even allowed to swim or snorkel there. Have fun, whatever you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I didn't wind up diving. Spent all my time with the family (getting ready to deploy). I'm going to be back next month and will be hitting up some dive time then. Did get to do Hanaume Bay snorkeling. Amazing place! Hoping to pull off a shore dive there.

turtle.jpgHanauma Bay.jpg

Back
Top Bottom