Kaimana - batikair - TRITON BAY DIVERS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppina

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all

I have a trip to Kaimana booked for 2023(TRITON BAY DIVERS).

I have never flown with batikair and would like to take with me my F-Stop backpack with my photographic gear.

The maximum allowed dimensions mentioned in your website are shorter than the ones usually allowed in European and American airlines. Do you know if with batikair they are very demanding as far as baggage dimensions are concerned?

Hi all

I have a trip to Kaimana booked for 2023(TRITON BAY DIVERS).

I have never flown with batikair and would like to take with me my F-Stop backpack with my photographic gear.

The maximum allowed dimensions mentioned in your website are shorter than the ones usually allowed in European and American airlines. Do you know if with batikair they are very demanding as far as baggage dimensions are concerned?

my experience with dozens of indonesia internal flights (garuda, lion, merpati and others) is that no one has ever looked at hand luggage neither for size or weight ... but who knows? if they complain about something it can be easy to "negotiate":cool::cool:

Obviously there is always a chance something could go wrong but Batik didn’t check any carryon dimensions when I flew in early September and early October.

Not familiar with your actual carryon. Seems like you would be more likely to run into trouble with hard-sided stuff that obviously doesn’t fit as opposed to softer luggage that might fit.

One thing is don’t go around groaning under the weight. Technically the carryon weight allowance is only 7kg according to their website. Thankfully they never weighed my carryon (sounds like that while this a published rule it practically never gets enforced—but there is always a first time). I happened to be at a resort at the same time as a professional film crew. The only time one of the photographers had a problem with a carryon weight on a full sized jet aircraft was when he made the mistake of groaning while lifting up his backpack at the counter. Obviously puddle jumpers (not talking about Batik) are an entirely different story where they often weigh everyone and everything.

my experience with dozens of indonesia internal flights (garuda, lion, merpati and others) is that no one has ever looked at hand luggage neither for size or weight ... but who knows? if they complain about something it can be easy to "negotiate":cool::cool:
It happened to many people that the hand luggage had to placed in the luggage room after all. Or that the bags have been put on the scale. By the way, for corruption you need at least two parties.

Just had two flights with Batik in the last couple weeks. Jakarta to Sorong and back, they made my wife check her carry on both ways. They also allow less weight than most flights and the carry on is smaller as well. They did not take credit cards to pay for the baggage fees as well as only taking local currency which was hard to come by at 11:50pm on a Sunday night. They where also an hour and half late departing so missed our international connection and had to rent a hotel and fly out the next day. They had no explanation why we were late not even a sorry so just seemed to be the norm. Yes I'm still a little bitter and we now have a saying within my dive group that means "f'd up" it's call you got Batiked!

It happened to many people that the hand luggage had to placed in the luggage room after all. Or that the bags have been put on the scale. By the way, for corruption you need at least two parties.

Maybe i was lucky... 🤞 🤞
I didn't mean total corruption ... probably also depends on the type of luggage ... my camera backpack over 12kg probably doesn't seem to contain lead ... never had a single discussion in indo...

Back
Top Bottom