just wondering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jewelrox1

Reaction score
i was wondering if any of u kno of any youth international scuba groups that go on excursions to really cool places for diving that are reasonably priced..please tell me.thanks

Depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking for some place where a single diver would hook up with a buch of other kids and go somewhere, or looking for a place where a group of youth could head off somewhere together?

Either way I would check with international field studies. There is a camp in the bahamas called forfar field station its on Andros island. They do a lot of stuff besides dive there and also have a sailboat option where you sail around to the Eluthras or other islands that aren't as inhabited. Also another place in the bahamas is on San Salvador. I haven't been to that one so I don't know all the details. I think both of these places take both groups and individuals. However their main purpose is marine science education, with a little diving thrown in on the side.

Aggressor runs a teen week (13-18 I think) on several of their boats, that would be all diving.

SeaCamp is another option, Fl Keys, SanDiego, and HI.
BoyScouts opporate Sea Base also in the Keys but both have a science focus as well.

you might also PM Archman. He is working at a place for teens in the bahamas this summer, and might have some additional info.

thanks so much for ur help!]

i'm goin to the seacamp in san diego. Its very educational but its not as much diving especially since you have to go through the 1st step which has no diving at all. but im goin again this year and we have a dive trip to catalina, san clemente, or santa barbara.

Depending on the age, (12-18) in this case, Action Quest is an awesome program for the adventuresome teen diver. The program has extensions in the BVI, Leeward & French Caribbean, Galapagos Islands, Tahiti, and the Mediterranean that offer diving programs for the beginner diver all the way to Rescue Divers and Divemasters.

Their web site is: http://www.actionquest.com

I am hoping to bring the ScubaDucks into that league soon. That would be too cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom