Just what is LUPUS...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
and how does it affect diving? I have a prospective student (and good friend) who is contemplating an OW course with me. Yeah, I should go and call DAN, but you guys are so much cooler. Inquiring Instructors want to know!!! :tease:

I'll let one of the docs give the full details, but it varies in it's effect on the afflicted, from mild to life threatening. Common symptoms include rheumatic arthritis, skin rashes, and UV sensitivity, although any organ of the body can be affected. *Generally* affects women worse than men in its severity of symptoms.

Shouldn't necessarily be a reason not to dive.

but she said something about it affecting her lungs and her ability to breathe deeply, and that her doctor wanted her to hold off a month or more. That just confused the pediddle out of me. Diving is optional... living ain't!

Fortunately, it is not serious in many cases, but in some can cause alveoli to inflame, swell, bleed & even die. And, the lung lining may become thickened/scarred.

These changes may be accompanied by chest discomfort & shortness of breath.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom