Just wanted to say "thank you" :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bamamedic

Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhere between "hold my beer and watch this!" a
# of dives
200 - 499
I sent my DUI suit off for repairs of what I was convinced was a leak in the butt. My dive buddies kept making fun of my "butt leak" and since I didn't plan on diving dry for a few weeks, thought it would be no problem to get it repaired in the meanwhile.

Right after I sent the suit to DUI (ground, of course - because I didn't plan on it being a time sensitive issue), one of my friends called me to invite me to a cave diving trip in three weeks. I REALLY wanted to go, and when the suit arrived at DUI, I called them to see how long it would take to be repaired.

Jackie from DUI was very patient, even though I called something like twice a day waiting for the repair report, which only took a couple of days.

Turns out that what I thought was the problem wasn't even the issue; instead of it being a bit of a hole worn in the butt, it was a seam sealing issue. Jackie said it was covered under warranty (yippee!). I fully expected that I probably partially invalidated the warranty due to "excessive wear" or something (I've put 150 dives on it in 6 months!) , but Jackie assured me that it was still covered under the 7 year warranty. I was completely amazed, to see a company stand behind their product like that.

Not only is it covered under warranty, but they are rushing the repair at no additional cost, so I'm able to get my suit the day before my trip!

Again, thank you so much for your most excellent customer service. I knew there was a reason I chose DUI! :D

Just wanted to post an update: I got my suit back the morning of the day before my trip. Dove it all weekend, and it was perfectly dry (until I tore a wrist seal *sigh*). Workmanship on the repairs was fantastic :)

Dry suit? I thought you only dived in bikinis in cold water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom