Just want to say hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCRNA

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to all the Texans on this site. I'm new to this website and have recently become a diving addict. Just started back to diving after many years of not doing it, and can't wait to try some of the areas mentioned on this site. I consider myself a newbie with only my OWC-card but will be taking the AOW course very soon. I've been diving Lake Travis and Mansfield Dam and recently dived the Blue Lagoon. It was nice to actually have some vis in the BL. Next week I'm off to Key West for four dives over a five day period. Might have to squeeze in more if I can work it around the meeting I'm supposed to attend. I read with interest the thread about experience and the FG. I will heed that and plan for that next year. Any advice from you seasoned veterans will be welcomed.

Happy Diving:jester:

Sounds like a great plan - I'll sneak from meetings myself when it's possible!

Advice! - Hoo Boy - Ask a question and you'll get it!

Welcome!

One of our team members, Fetch (Jeff) is in your area (he works for one of the computer centers at TAMU). So you might try to link up with him sometime as a buddy.

In talking with my instructor that I am learning my Divemaster stuff with, he's thinking of setting up a future trip down to Lake Travis in the not so distant future. So once I know more about that, I'll post something here and perhaps I'll have the opportunity to meet up with you.

In anycase, we're glad to have you among us!!!

--Mike

Hi Mark! It's cool to see someone else from around here on the boards :)

I'm usually available for diving on the weekends (pretty much anywhere), as long as you give me a bit of notice :wink:

Did you get your cert through Paradise or through the school? If you're gonna make a lot of local dives, I really recommend getting a fill card from PS. Likewise, if you're looking to buy gear from them getting a club membership can get you some very nice discounts (and some fun trips :) ).

Later,
Jeff

I took a refresher from Sunny at PS. Then have been going to Travis and Mansfield Dam in Austin. Went with Sunny's group to Stillhouse Hollow and to Blue Lagoon. My two sons took the OW course from Sunny and are trying to figure ways to come up with the dinaro for equipment. My oldest is taking a job in Austin so that gives me a place to crash for a weekend dive. I am going to take my AOW course in July and sometime soon I'd like to take the Scientific Divers Course at Aquarena Springs. Nitrox will probably be in between or soon to follow.

My wife completed her OW last month but it is still hard for her to get totally into it. Having a near drowning in Galveston in high school, she has come a long way to get certified. Now, she needs to do more diving but she doesn't like the low vis of Lake Travis. Guess we'll have to go to San Marcos but I plan on the Blue Lagoon for her after my trip this week to Key West (business meeting and diving). She can't make the trip with me, unfortunately, and that is one trip she would have really enjoyed. Lots of diving in our future though. Anyone ever heard of Cayman Maddness? I really want to make that one next year and I have another meeting in Cozumel next April (dang!).

Anyway, If anyone feels the need to get wet drop me a line and if I'm off, let's go. I'm looking forward to diving with ya'll soon.:D

Welcome to the Board!

and I too am looking forward to meeting you and diving with you sometime in the near future. I admire your wife for her enormous effort in making it through such a terrible memory and getting certified. My wife has gone from a non-swimmer three years ago to swimming/snorkeling and just got certified this past Sunday.
Dive safe,
tony

Hey Mark:

Welcome to the board! I live in San Marcos and have been through the Scientific Diver course at Aquarena. I have to say it is excellent and lots of fun. It's really convenient for me since I live less than 5 minutes from there. I even dove there last weekend with -=>Larry<=- so now I'm a member. If you want to go to the lake any weekend (except this one...I have a rig trip) let me know and I'll be there. Have Fun!

~Adam

Welcome to the boards and back to diving. I had at one time aspired to getting my CRNA, never did make it though

Have fun diving and best wishes to your wife on learning to love the underwater world where you can breath. Cudos to her for even trying.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom