Just thought I would share.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
I have two cameras...nothing fancy....just something to help jog my memory of a dive long ago. And, one of the problems I have always had with the each camera was how to secure it during a dive so that it didnt float off....or sink....somewhere.

I went to a local cloth shop and got me some 3 inch wide elastic. Doubled it up and sewed it together into a circle.

I can now undo one of my bcd straps....slip the strap through this elastic "holder" .... reconnect the strap. I then take the camera and push it into this elastic holder and it is very secure. It has never fallen out even during a giant stride.

Simple, cheap and it works. Just thought I would share the idea in case someone else out there is looking for a way to secure a camera. Needless to say it does not work if you have 6 feet of lights attached!!!

Original idea! Sounds like a good thing for those small pocket sized cameras and housing.

Thanks Dee....
I use it with the old MX 5 film camera and the ReefMaster Digital....

works just fine....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom