Just Some Pensacola Blennies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Here's a series of Blennies that we saw on the Big Pensacola Grand Adventure last weekend. I think that these wonderful creatures are put there for the specific purpose of making us smile. I think you will all agree.

1978114WPensAug-Blenny00001.jpg

This fellow was on top of the wheelhouse of the Pete Tide II and turned out to be quite a ham. The video of our trip has a scene of me taking these pictures.

1978115WPensAug-Blenny0001.jpg

If you look closely on both the pictures above you can see that the blenny has an algae growth on its nose.

1978116WPensAug-Blenny0002.jpg

Here's an entertaining case of two clowns vieing for a hole that is just about big enough for both but not quite.

1978117WPensAug-MyHouse001.jpg

Hey dude! This is MY house!!!

1978119WOrisAug-Blenny003.jpg

We wondered how there could be blennies on the Oriskany already since there are no barnacles to provide shells for homes. We found the silly creatures sticking out of every pipe on the ship.

1978120WOrisAug-Blenny004.jpg

This one has a luxury condo in a drain.

1978121WOrisAug-Blenny006.jpg

Blennies are my favorite and I could just sit and watch them forever. What magnificient animals.

Got me smilin' this morning Tommy.
Thanks!
Rick :)

I love the drain shots !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom