Just signed upt for DM class.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSwain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just signed up for the PADI DiveMaster class saturday. It is something I have been wanting to do for a while now. I have have been helping out at the pool and also started working part time at the dive shop. So I thought I might as well finally sign up for the course. Any good info some of you that went through the course would be willing to share? Thanks for any help!
TSwain

Just curious...I noticed in your profile you don't list Advanced Open Water and Rescue Diver in your Certifications?

You've got quite a journey ahead of you, and a worthwhile, enriching experience! Come back here frequently with any questions you may have as you progress. The Study Guide stickied to the top can help you with the Knowledge Development part of the course.

Joe-Diver, I do have AOW & Rescue Diver. I guess I havet ever put them in my profile. Thanks for pointing out the study guide.

Sure...once you go through your initial meetings with your Instructor and start mapping out your course, one of the first things you'll do is start the Knowledge Development Module....study hard for this because this is where you learn your professional level dive theory. The Study Guide will help you prepare for the exams.

The DM program is unlike any scuba training you've had previously. It has multiple components (knowledge development, exams, skills development, stamina tests, practical exercises and an internship) and can seem quite daunting. One thing that really helped me was to keep up on my progress so that I knew where I was throughout the program. I used the PADI evaluation form where I would have my instructor initial and date whenever I finished a requirement. I also setup a spreadsheet version of the same to keep track of what requirements I'd completed and when as well as what was yet to be completed.

Also, be patient and approach it with humility. It is not a fast course, at least not if it's done right. Be willing to listen, watch and learn. The program is really designed to be a mentorship where you study and work under your instructor/mentor, so be sure and build a good relationship with your instructor(s)

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom