Just sharing my first UW photos! :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nudibranchs are fun to photograph, and you have some beauties. A couple of tips . . . As already stated, shoot toward the rhinopores and get them in focus; they're the "eyes" of the nudi. Try to find them in "action" poses, where it's clear they are moving, if you can. Get closer! You can crop the shots you have to make the slug more of a focus, but even better is to get right down on the animal and fill the raster with it. Use depth of field to your advantage -- bokeh works really well with slugs.

Take a look at some of Kenneth Kopp's shots (Mo2vation on SB). I model my nudi photography after Ken's.

Fantastic! Great start. You are correct. Getting quality equipment to start with saves you time, money and frustration.

Searcraigh: I never realised I got the nudi you mentioned back to front until you pointed it out!!! I genuinely thought that was the front end haha!

The more you photograph nudi's the easier it becomes to recognise which end is which, although it is easier with larger Dorids than smaller ones, and fairly challenging with small Phyllidae where there are no recognisable gills to check which end is the front and the rhinophores may be retracted also just adding confusion to make your mind think is this a flatworm?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom