Just received my new Inon S2000 Strobe!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was offered a new unit at a discounted price. So no, it was not repaired or replaced under warranty.

Frustrating, but what can one do?

Complain and Complain and keep Complaining until someone does something to stop you complaining!
These forums are a great place to express your frustrations at manufacturers who won't honour warranty claims as these are the people who buy their products! I own two Inon Z240/4 and have no problems with them, but I can tell you this recurring theme of overheating issues worries me sometimes! The company obviously knows there is a problem but wont address the issue other than to give vague guidelines on how to prevent the possibility of it happening.

Peter

I can tell you this recurring theme of overheating issues worries me sometimes! The company obviously knows there is a problem but wont address the issue other than to give vague guidelines on how to prevent the possibility of it happening.

Peter

This is the first I have heard of an ongoing issue. Is it just the S2000 or is it a problem across the brand? Any info you can point me to would be appreciated.

-h

I had a pedometer that was made in Japan. The instructions called for me to input the length of my pace as a fraction of a mile.

Sometimes the translation from japanese to english does not occur smoothly. :D

This is the first I have heard of an ongoing issue. Is it just the S2000 or is it a problem across the brand? Any info you can point me to would be appreciated.

-h

If you look at the manual for the Z240/4 that I have, it says to only use low discharge Eneloop batteries to reduce the amount of heat generated and also it says something about a limited number of high speed shots before allowing the unit to cool down. Now as I said earlier I have had no trouble with this but I have read other threads on SB about this problem and I only use Eneloop batteries.
What I think the problem is, is that the Flash Capacitor and the batteries in the unit have no way to dissapate the heat generated because of the poor conductivity of the plastic and the small air space inside the unit because of the design.
I've been using mine for nearly 12 months now and although the unit can get warm, it never has got to the point where I would be concerned about it. And I must say that these are the most outstanding flashes I have ever used as far as performance goes! When you compare the size with the new Ikelite 161 the comparrison is like a basket ball and an apple!

Peter

Maddog makes a very good point. Especially due to the Japanese instructions, many users overlook the importance of which batteries they use in their Inon strobes. The Eneloop batteries work well and are approved, as are the Maha Energy Imedion 2300mah batteries and the alike batteries from Delkin.

Standard NiMH batteries are NOT recommended for any Inon strobes.

I also agre with the use of Eneloop or recommended batteries, my S2000 show no problems also after over 200 flashes in a sole dive.

Complain and Complain and keep Complaining until someone does something to stop you complaining!
These forums are a great place to express your frustrations at manufacturers who won't honour warranty claims as these are the people who buy their products! I own two Inon Z240/4 and have no problems with them, but I can tell you this recurring theme of overheating issues worries me sometimes! The company obviously knows there is a problem but wont address the issue other than to give vague guidelines on how to prevent the possibility of it happening.

Peter
It isn't clear to me what types of batteries the original poster was using in the strobe. He made a comment about eneloops or standard batteries. If he was not using the recommended batteries then I think your comment suggesting the company knows of a problem and is doing nothing about it isn't quite correct. If however he was using low internal discharge batteries, and didn't tighten the attachment arm too tightly (which is also warned against in the manual) then he might have a justified beef. I would suggest that the manual stating that only eneloop type batteries be used in the strobe is more than a "vague guideline" but that too is just a single opinion.

Some clarity on what types of batteries he was using would be helpful in any case.

Bill

where is a good source for the approved batterys for a s 2000? I just got one from reef photo for christmas.....and am currently trying to figure it out...so thanks to the fellow whom commented on the Fo cable issue....I am in your boat....

BTW i am new to this forum , but it looks wonderful...so hello to everyone

I am sure i will have lots of questions to come

where is a good source for the approved batterys for a s 2000? I just got one from reef photo for christmas.....and am currently trying to figure it out...so thanks to the fellow whom commented on the Fo cable issue....I am in your boat....

BTW i am new to this forum , but it looks wonderful...so hello to everyone

I am sure i will have lots of questions to come
The best place to get batteries IMHO is Thomas Distributing. Also make sure you get a good charger. Eneloop type batteries don't like to be charged at high currents. I use the LaCrosse chargers which allow variable current charging.

Bill

The best place to get batteries IMHO is Thomas Distributing. Also make sure you get a good charger. Eneloop type batteries don't like to be charged at high currents. I use the LaCrosse chargers which allow variable current charging.

Bill

I also use Thomas Distributing for my battery suppliers and I can't say enough good things about them. They have a great range of batteries and chargers for all types of uses and the delivery and communications are first rate as are the prices! I live and work in Australia and have often had batteries delivered within 3 days of placing my order and have never had a problem!

Peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom