Just ordered my FATHOM!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, well, well, long time no see.

Hey CB,

The last two years have been lousy for most people.

I'm glad you're back in it, take some time to work back up, you'll get back to where you were. I had a ten year break myself from cave diving, even though I was doing some pretty extreme dives when I took my lay-off, I wound up working with a friend to get back up speed on things (and it still took awhile).

Let me know if I can help.

Hey CB,

The last two years have been lousy for most people.

I'm glad you're back in it, take some time to work back up, you'll get back to where you were. I had a ten year break myself from cave diving, even though I was doing some pretty extreme dives when I took my lay-off, I wound up working with a friend to get back up speed on things (and it still took awhile).

Let me know if I can help.

It was good getting to see you bud! Slow and steady is the plan, thanks for all your help and mentorship on this journey!

It was good getting to see you bud! Slow and steady is the plan, thanks for all your help and mentorship on this journey!
Over the past couple of years my diving has slowed down too. Mine was some COVID, some getting a pfo closed and not being allowed to dive, and some is having a motherfiing failure every time I went to dive. Never a fathom issue. Always piddly crap like a hose blows, a tank valve starts leaking badly, etc. at one point I was actually contemplating giving up on diving and focusing on other hobbies. But I’m slowly getting back at it and going slow and taking it easy is key. The fathom is like jumping back on a bike. Of course I had 3 days of diving planned this past weekend but only got to dive one day because of those same annoyances. This time a first stage that decided to go. At least I got a dive in before it happened. But apparently my bad karma streak is continuing

Welcome back, @Doby45 . Seems like it was just yesterday we were taking the HOG reg service class.

Over the past couple of years my diving has slowed down too. Mine was some COVID, some getting a pfo closed and not being allowed to dive, and some is having a motherfiing failure every time I went to dive. Never a fathom issue. Always piddly crap like a hose blows, a tank valve starts leaking badly, etc. at one point I was actually contemplating giving up on diving and focusing on other hobbies. But I’m slowly getting back at it and going slow and taking it easy is key. The fathom is like jumping back on a bike. Of course I had 3 days of diving planned this past weekend but only got to dive one day because of those same annoyances. This time a first stage that decided to go. At least I got a dive in before it happened. But apparently my bad karma streak is continuing

So your problems weren't limited to that one time we were at <3...

Welcome back, @Doby45 . Seems like it was just yesterday we were taking the HOG reg service class.

LOL, that WAS yesterday, right? Seems like it was many many years ago. I will actually be servicing all my seconds before I head down for my next trip. It will be my extended birthday weekend diving extravaganza!!

So your problems weren't limited to that one time we were at <3...
Nope. Failure after failure lately. Super annoying. The most frustrating part is I keep tabs on my gear and it's all always well serviced and cared for, but stuff just wants to break lately. I think this weekends 2 leaky first stages that popped up at the end of the only dive I got to do were more due to the fact that the regs have been sitting for 8 months while I waited to get cleared to dive. Orings and sh-t. You know how it goes. The one plus is it wasn't all apex regs this time. One apeks and one sp mk10. I still hate apeks, but at least I'm not chucking a bunch of regs in the trash like I would have if it was 2 more apeks going bad.

Nope. Failure after failure lately. Super annoying. The most frustrating part is I keep tabs on my gear and it's all always well serviced and cared for, but stuff just wants to break lately. I think this weekends 2 leaky first stages that popped up at the end of the only dive I got to do were more due to the fact that the regs have been sitting for 8 months while I waited to get cleared to dive. Orings and sh-t. You know how it goes. The one plus is it wasn't all apex regs this time. One apeks and one sp mk10. I still hate apeks, but at least I'm not chucking a bunch of regs in the trash like I would have if it was 2 more apeks going bad.
So you are saying you wouldn't recommend this particular CCR to anyone who may be frantic by the all the other posts?

So you are saying you wouldn't recommend this particular CCR to anyone who may be frantic by the all the other posts?
Did you even read that post and the post prior to it where I say going back to the fathom is like jumping back on a bike and that I had zero issues with my unit? My issues as stated in my post were with first stages which has nothing to do with the ccr unit itself
I generally try to ignore your idiocy and trolling, but it’s hard since you quoted me. Do us all a favor and either stop posting so much or smarten up and start posting things that make sense only after actually reading all of the posts prior. Most of your posts are rambling, irrelevant, and seem to show a lack of basic understanding of the subject at hand.

Back
Top Bottom