Just joined - from DFW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulintexas

Reaction score
Greetings,
Just found the board tonight, looks like a fun place. Was certified 3 years ago, but haven't done much diving (12 total dives) because we live in DFW! Finally found another person who wants to dive with me, as the wife never wants to unless we go to the Caymans [which doesn't happen often!]

So, I just got my reg serviced and a new 7mm suit, and am ready to try to spots around DFW and get into it again. If anyone knows some good spots within driving distance of Plano, please chime in.

Thanks!
Paul

Welcome to the board. You'll find lots of great info here and lots of good folks too. I think there are several places to dive near the metroplex. And Sol Air is out at DFW with cheap flights to Roatan!

Joe

Paul,

Welcome aboard. We have alot of Texans on the board Don't forget we have a section for divers here in the state and it should be easy to find someone to hook up with in the Big D. If your ever in Houston alot of us meet on a regular basis.

geek

GeekDiver once bubbled...
Paul,

Welcome aboard. We have alot of Texans on the board Don't forget we have a section for divers here in the state and it should be easy to find someone to hook up with in the Big D. If your ever in Houston alot of us meet on a regular basis.

geek
EDIT: found the Texas section, more reading ahead :)

Only found 2 dive spots around here, Athens Scuba and Clear Springs Scuba Park, know of any others (plan on going to both, Clear Springs this coming Sunday, assuming I get my reg back from the yearly maint and my 7mm wetsuite arrives :))

I havn't been to either park since I live in Houston but I think there is also PK (possum kingdom) that alot from the DFW area also dive. You might want to post about this in the Texas section.... I think most of the folks from DFW area dive CSSP and meet on a fairly normal basis there.

Back
Top Bottom