Just how many Swampers: Austin Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-=>Larry<=-

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As I noted in the in the "Just How Many Swampers" message - It sounds easiest to figure out how many of us are in each region by just holding a roll call & totalling us up!

I DEFINITELY think so now as I tried to run a search on "Austin" and got 127 message strings - Ouch - including the one on "Austin" Powers !!!! - - This was remembering that Dee had done a really fine job of listing us a few months ago....... Never did see that one - BUT in the first page I found and/or remembered:

The North Guys had a good idea -- to just edit the main post with the new names - so the most current list is on the top - So - as of 8/18 here's who have been mentioned that I wrote down - more later!:

AWAP [Central TX]
BFaure
BubbleSlinger
Caffiend
CarlisleRE
DamselFish
DaveNinja
DavidofAustin
DurangoDiver [San Marcos, Hi Adam!]
halcyondiver
Hooligan [ouch! - forgot my own son!]
Jeblis
JT Texas
KGBlair
MightyDiver
MightySCUBA
ScubaCRNA [College Station]
SCUBARacer
SeaBass [Achen]
SueJ [Spring ?]
Todd

SO - Apologies to all I didn't remember, or didn't get quite right - but please answer this & I'll make a list!

Hi all:

I heard rumors that to become an actual swamper involves many highly bizarre rituals. Thinking that has yet to happen to me, at least of which I am aware, I guess the best I can hope for is swamper-in-training.

I got my Nitrox card today :) .

Todd.

Originally posted by Todd
Hi all:

I heard rumors that to become an actual swamper involves many highly bizarre rituals. Thinking that has yet to happen to me, at least of which I am aware, I guess the best I can hope for is swamper-in-training.

I got my Nitrox card today :) .

Todd.

You should be aware of your surroundings at all times. (or you my find that someone has slipped a minnow down your wet suit)

:eek:

Congrats on the Nitrox cert!

Yeap, I am in Austin.

I was going to let this drop - BUT - then, people started responding AND I remembered more & more folks that I really should have mentioned.

So - Now moving to the 2nd 1/2 page of the 9 page result from searching on "Austin" - the Austin team includes:

Jeblis
DurangoDiver [Hi Adam!]
Todd
JT Texas
BFaure
CarlisRE [OK Ron - what is your ID?]
MightyDiver
MightySCUBA
DaveNinja
DamselFish
Hooligan [ouch! - forgot my own son!]
DavidofAustin

More to come when I next revisit the search!

of my head, from Austin are:
Damsel Fish
Mighty Diver
Mighty Scuba
Seabass (x-Achen)
kgblair
David of Austin
BubbleSlinger
SCUBARACER
carlislere (Ron)
Jeblis
DurangoDiver [Hi Adam!]
Todd
JT Texas
BFaure
DaveNinja
Hooligan

i'm sure there's others too....

tony

Achen and SeaBass are the same person.

And I like the minnow in the wetsuit idea...

minnows in my stock pond. If you would like, I could seine a few for the next TSDT get together. :wink:

Wish I could be at Cozymel's tonite, but have to catch y'all later...Clear Springs maybe?