Just got my Triple L suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EuphoriaII

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently ordered 2, 7mm Triple L wetsuit for my son and I. (along with hoods/boots we got elsewhere). I was out of town for a week after ordering so I checked their website, where the order status didn't show it shipped yet. I emailed and got a prompt response from Jack that they had sent a tracking number (somewhere I missed it and sorry if my email sounded a little huffy Jack) but the order showed up just a couple hours after I sent my e mail. So for promptness of delivery (1 week from order) I give them a 'meets expectations'

As for the fit and quality of the wetsuits, I give them an 'exceeds expectations'. I had read that some in the past found the suits a little larger than the suggested size but that they had adjusted the sizing chart recently. We ordered based on the sizing chart and the fit is right on for both of us ( pretty snug in the lower legs and arms but I haven't seen a wetsuit yet that wasnt and considering its 7mm, I would expect them all to be that way). The zippers on the legs and arms were more heavy duty than I expected and they have a nice appearance. I kind of expected them to look 'cheap' but they don't. We immediately tried them on and jumped in the backyard pool at 61 degrees and were pretty comfortable. We stayed in for about 35 minutes until we were tired of stareing at drain in the deep end and got out (never got cold).
Just wanted to relay my experience with them.

EuphoriaII:
I had read that some in the past found the suits a little larger than the suggested size but that they had adjusted the sizing chart recently. We ordered based on the sizing chart and the fit is right on for both of us...
I think a lot of people's experiences -- regarding Triple-L's size charts being on the large side -- concerned their BCDs. I accordingly ordered my BCD from them one size smaller than the chart indicated, and it's just right.

Regarding their suits, some people in the past had found the opposite -- that they ran smaller than expected. However, that problem seems to have been fixed a couple years ago, when Triple-L posted a corrected size chart on their web site.

Glad the suits worked out for you two!

--Marek

Back
Top Bottom