Just got my new BP&W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MuscleBob.Buffpants

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to all the folks at DSS, my new single setup arrived in the mail yesterday. The instructions in it were very handy for this complete newbie to a Hog setup.

It looks to be of very high quality, the grommets around the various webbing holes are a great idea and I like the way the wing clips into the backplate.

In 3 more days I am heading off to Vanuatu for a fortnight and I am looking forward to giving it a good try out there.

Cheers and thanks for the gear. :D

MuscleBob.Buffpants:
Thanks to all the folks at DSS, my new single setup arrived in the mail yesterday. The instructions in it were very handy for this complete newbie to a Hog setup.

It looks to be of very high quality, the grommets around the various webbing holes are a great idea and I like the way the wing clips into the backplate.

In 3 more days I am heading off to Vanuatu for a fortnight and I am looking forward to giving it a good try out there.

Cheers and thanks for the gear. :D

Glad to hear the goods arrived safe. Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy your trip.

Tobin

I received mine 2 days ago and set it up today. couple of questions:
1. The LP inflator hose seems a little long, or the corrogated hose seems a little short, or my tank height is not right?
2. Cam Bands; Should I be presetting the length and relying on the "over toggle" of the buckles to tighten on the tank or do I just pull on the straps to tighten it up?

I plan to dive it tomorrow. Walked around with it on for a few minutes with a tank. Feels great. Very Solid.

Thanks

Just ordered my single setup a couple of days ago. Can't wait to get it set up and go diving.

VWGuam:
I received mine 2 days ago and set it up today. couple of questions:
1. The LP inflator hose seems a little long, or the corrogated hose seems a little short, or my tank height is not right?

The LP hose might be a tad long, but we cannot predict what reg you will be using, or how high you might mount your tank. A little long is better than too short.....

VWGuam:
2. Cam Bands; Should I be presetting the length and relying on the "over toggle" of the buckles to tighten on the tank or do I just pull on the straps to tighten it up?

If you are using the same size tank it's possible to just "Open" the buckle to generate the slack required to slip off the bands. If you change tank types you need to adjust the buckle.

VWGuam:
I plan to dive it tomorrow. Walked around with it on for a few minutes with a tank. Feels great. Very Solid.

Thanks

You are very welcome

Tobin

Got mine today. The quality is amazing!
Need to get used to a short corrugated hose, it's much shorter than at BCDs I used before.

I'd appreciate any advice about pro-fit harness adjustment. How tight/loose should it be, especially shoulders straps. I feel some tension at armpits.

Tobin, thank you for the great product!
Dmitriy.

WetFatCat:
Got mine today. The quality is amazing!
Need to get used to a short corrugated hose, it's much shorter than at BCDs I used before.

I'd appreciate any advice about pro-fit harness adjustment. How tight/loose should it be, especially shoulders straps. I feel some tension at armpits.

Tobin, thank you for the great product!
Dmitriy.

Thanks for the kinds words.

Pretty snug, as long as you can still get out of it.

Tobin

Just got back from doing 11 dives in the tropics. The Hog harness was surprisingly easy to get out of and into.

One question though, when I was diving towards the end of the dive when the AL80 was getting low on air, I had a pronounced tendancy to have a nose down attitude. What's the best way to correct this? Should I slide the tank further down the plate?

My weight was about right, at 50bar I was neutral about 1 foot underwater.

Cheers

musclebob.buffpants, that is an awesome nick

just wanted to say that

MuscleBob.Buffpants:
One question though, when I was diving towards the end of the dive when the AL80 was getting low on air, I had a pronounced tendancy to have a nose down attitude. What's the best way to correct this? Should I slide the tank further down the plate?

yes, that is a characteristic of aluminum tanks ... they tend to float "butt up" when near empty (which pushes your head down)

i basically just accept it and trim for the "main" portion of the dive, not the end

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom