Just got certified !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CabezonBD

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello

I just passed my certification last weekend. I was certified some 40 plus years ago, but I consider myself to be a rookie diver. My wife and I purchased a sailboat, we have retired and moved aboard full time.

I wanted to get certified for a few reasons....love to better enjoy the ocean and sea life, but also wanted to be able to maintain the boat with things like changing zinc's, cleaning the bottom, un-fouling the prop or shaft if the need arises.

We bought the boat in Annapolis and have traveled up and down the eastern seaboard from FLorida to Maine as well as the Abacos, Eleuthera, and the Exumas, Bahamas. We are originally from Santa Cruz, Ca. Currently the boat is in St Augustine FL. We are in the SF Bay Area for the Christmas holidays but will return to the boat and plan to set sail for the Bahamas in the first week of January. I would invite any of your suggestions for diving the Bahamas (remember, I'm a rookie). So far we have only snorkeled there. BTW, unfortunately my wife is not certified.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida....

Try the Cay Sal Banks. Blue Holes, Sharks, Walls, Dolphins and a plethora of other sea life.

Welcome to SB. Learn from and enjoy this great forum.

Congrats on the certification; maybe gently encourage your wife to get certified, lots of fun doing it together. As for Bahamas, check the regional forums, likely lots of good dive site info in there. Have fun on your adventure in January.

Great story! The sail boat is an adventure in itself. But a recert after 40+ years is spectacular. I'm going to recert after 40+ years myself.

Baby steps for your wife if she has any trepidation. But you know she'll do just fine.

Welcome back to the diving family! You have the perfect means to live a life of diving! (And are living my dream by staying on a sailboat). Get a few dives under your belt and try the washing machine in the Bahama's. It's a famous high speed drift dive and I'm sure you can get locations on the other forums.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom