Just got back last saturday.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LowGear

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was excited from the start. As for Bahia divers I can only say good things.
As for booking dives they have no problems getting people to dive. They have 2 boats one they use for the snorkle tours and one for diving. But both are equiped for diving. Once you get there you can scedule all of your dives. But you don't have to pay till the end of the week before you leave. That way you only have to pay for what you dive. They work you into what ever package you fall under. I did 12 dives through the week and that is all I had to pay for. I did the cenotes once and a cozemel dive through bahia divers. Monday I went to cozemel and took the ferry over with my wife and inlaws, I found out if there is a strong north wind on cozemel the government copletely shut down diving on the island. I was pretty upset having to miss a whole day of diving. I would have stayed at the bahia and dove there if I knew that. So after comming back to the hotel I decided I would just stay with them for the rest of my stay. I learned alot through those guys about the area. I found out that national geographic worked with them doing research in the caves. ask to see the national geo
magazine where one of the managers is on the cover holding a 3500 year old skull in the cave under water. We tried getting a night dive put together but couldn't get enough people together. Boooo :) As for cozemel bahia divers was great. We had it sceduled for thursday and if the whether was bad the then scedule it for the next day. They take care of everything,they use 8 passenger vans then they pay for parking the farry and the taxi to the boats. We had to scuba boats and they had 1 snorkle boat at another place. Then between dives they have a large fruit plate. I went to the onsite restraunt and ordered a meal which was very good. My diving scedule was as follows: After arriving Saturday I went right to the Dive shop. I did my first dive on Sunday! I did the 9AM and the 11Am dive. The coral was amazing on my first dive we seen a big turtle which was pretty cool. Also, tons of pretty fish. Went down to 100' for 28 min. Temp was 72 at bottom multi level dive around 75 at the surface. Being my first dive down to 100' was great. But I was an air hog my first dive. Started with 3200 psi ended with 395psi. Even for being my first dive in such an environment The divemasters were great. They have plenty of them so they can have mutiple groups, they went through the procedures for safety and kept a good eye on all of our air. I had the airies ai comp which I had used for my first time. awsome comp.
My second dive on sunday we went to 77' for 36 min. seen a barracuda good size, and a 3-4' eal. 3075psi 500psi end. I didn't get to dive monday thats when i tried the cozumel thing BOOOO! LOL
Tuesday: 9AM 104' 41 min Large turtle 3010psi 350 psi. 11:45AM: 61' 50 min small Tuna 3300psi 380psi Then I decided to do 3PM dive which is there beginers time but I just wanted to do as much diving as possible. They will have an instructer for each new diver and if there are a couple of experience divers they will make a group in slightly deeper water. Which I enjoyed every minute of it.
Wednesday is when I did the cenotes 9AM max depth 27' 47min. 11Am 36' 39min I enjoyed it one time, but for me it got boring. To each his own!
Thursday cozumel 1st 72' 43min 76'ferinhieght 2nd 79' 48min At cozumel seen giant grouper feeding giant lobster and a nice eal swimming.
Friday did 2 more dives they fley home saturday.
Once they divemasters see that you are a safe diver and good with boyancy they don't keep such a hard leash on ya. Which I enjoyed taking my time.
If you go there do a snorkle tour to. I did one with my wife and father inlaw and even after diving all week I enjoyed that to. Seen a giant scool of fish so thick you can't even see through it and a giant barracuda looking for lunch thank god he only wanted smalll fish and not a big fish like me! I got within a few feet of it for some pic's.
Sorry for such a long page but just wanted to let anyone know.
Please excuse my spelling and grammer. Also if you read my other thread on one of the 3pm dives we got to see about a 8' -9' nurse shark that made my day!!!

LowGear:
I had one day that I went to playa and took the fairy over with my wife and inlaws
Please excuse my spelling and grammer.
You're excused, but you should really work on your spelling or people might get the wrong idea> :crafty:

MgicTwnger:
You're excused, but you should really work on your spelling or people might get the wrong idea> :crafty:
I have a flue right now so I was trying to make it quick! LOL
Thanks,LowGear

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom