Just got back from Yap, Micronesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbh:
Great shots Boi!

Are you sure Mike didn't lift your D2X before you left ?? :)

Dave

Dave,
You should see Mike's Amphibico video housing. His video setup is quite a bit heavier than my D2X/Subal/Ikelite strobes setup.

I think Mike would drown if he tries to carry both D2X and his video :D

PS I double checked my camera bag at the airport before leaving Yap just to be sure :wink:

Excellent shots! Can't wait to see the rest.

Mike Veitch:
Great shots Boi....

Seems like lots of people on this board don't trust me....

:lol:

I suppose your reputation precedes you :wink:
Now don't tell me that the day that I left, there were 20 mantas in the channel. I was a bit relief that it was raining heavily when I left so I expect viz still not to be great great in the channel!.

Great pics Boi! Beautiful blue background... and nice shark and manta of course. love how you blocked out the sunburst with the shark!

Surprised you didn't have severe backscatter from Mike V doing the ***hammer manouver while you were shooting... :wink:

argh, just when I made up my mind to move up to u/w video, I see this and start thinking DSLR upgrade...:banghead:

ssra30:
I suppose your reputation precedes you :wink:
Now don't tell me that the day that I left, there were 20 mantas in the channel. I was a bit relief that it was raining heavily when I left so I expect viz still not to be great great in the channel!.
Actually it was today that we had 8....

Mike Veitch:
Actually it was today that we had 8....

Go figure, now Mike, if I remember correctly, you were the one who advised us to go last week during the full moon! I think you owe me about 10 mantas now :wink:

boi, the pictures are impressive but not as impressive as your Lembeh Strait pictures. You got a lot of excellent material on your site, keep up the great camera work.

I am thinking of going at the end of March, what did you think of Yap. Can you recommend the dive company you went with. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom