Just got back from Freeport, Grand Bahama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What did you think of Port Lucaya Resort & Yacht Club? Did you like it? Pros/ cons?

Thanks!
Laura

Hi Laura,
It all depends on what you're really after. I don't mind "budget" hotels and so this one was fine by me, clean and quiet (although not budget at all in terms of how much you pay per night but everything is expensive in the Bahamas). The further away from the reception/hall area, the quieter it is. Our room was on the side overlooking the marina and it was neat, very peaceful. My only gripe is that the hotel doesn't offer breakfast, so if you're there to dive you have to hustle somewhere to get something to eat before diving and that always takes more time and money that you'd like. But the rooms have a mini fridge and a standard coffee maker.
The area itself is very very touristy and for some people that's great, for others it's a little much (as in fake and contrived). Restaurants everywhere but pricey for the food. The conch salad shack was cool and a bargain at 8 bucks.
For the beach, you can walk across the street and use the beaches on the "Our Lucaya" side which are very nice. Enjoy your stay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom