Just got accepted as a cadet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boater Dan:
:no FD's of the world unite! Show our numbers!!!!! :D

Dan
:rofl3: We work, You guys just spend toooo much time pulling your hose.:rofl3:

Gary D.

I cant wait to start doing training. the oral interview was shorter than i thought it would be. the questions were: How long have you been diving? any blackwater diving? why do you want to be part of this team? do you have any problems finding evidence or bodies and testifying in the court of law? do you understand the requirements and the commitment it takes to be apart of the team?

Cant wait for training to start

+ 1 for fire and EMS

Let us know the training they have you go through. We won't do any armchair quarterbacking, honest! :54:

k...ill keep you all updated. it doesnt start for another week and a half.

Let me know where your training, I'm on vacation starting next week and I may take a trip over the hill to see ya.

we are at coast guard island, oakland

we get to train in their pool.

We just had our first day of training. Im glad that i survived. We get there and had to do the physical tests. 100 yard swim and a 15 minute tread. Nothing too hard. Next we got on all our equipment and went to the bottom. we did removal and replacement of our mask, weightbelt, BCD. still the same stuff i've done in ow and aow. after that, we did a ditch and don. We went to the bottom, took our BCD off, then our mask,looped it through a strap in our bcd so it wouldnt go away. then we took off our weightbelts and went to the surface. we caught our breaths and went down to put it all on again. It would've been a lot easier if we didnt have on 7mm wetsuits with no weight belts. we had our fins which made it at least possible. One guy couldnt make it back down to get his air, so he got out of the pool. Then we got out with all our gear on, and took it off. the next drill we stood out of the pool with our fins, weightbelt and mask on our left arm, with our 2nd stage in our left hand while we stradled a tank with the air off. we jumped in, had to turn on our air, and get all the stuff back on.

it wasnt too hard, but it wasnt anything i've ever had to do in a class or in the open water. Cant wait till next week when we actually start training.

Back
Top Bottom