Just got a PT-005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DJ69

Reaction score
To go with my Oly 3030.
Any special tips you are willing to shere about it ?

Also how important is the moistur absorver ?
I got mine used and it didn't came with it. If it's a must then I'd start looking for a replacment.....

You really do need the dessicant paks for inside the housing. They absorb any mousture from the humidity and condensation produced by a difference in inside and outside temperatures.

You can buy the small 1x2" ones several places. I've found them listed as Moisture Munchers in some dive shops that sell cameras. You can also order them in bulk online. I like the ones that change color as they absorb so I can tell when to change.

It comes free with every electronic part that's being sold today,
:idea: Get it free at your local computer shop and dry it in your home oven to reuse..... (without the plastic bag).

Just remember you get what you pay for!

Some types of dessicant are toxic when heated so I'd suggest a well ventilated room and remove all pets first.

The type that changes color to red. At the moment it's still clear but that will probably change soon.
I'm going to saw it a small bag so i'll have what to dry it in. Also I'm planning to dry it under a halogen lamp, not in a oven.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom