Just got a new BC!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I post this here becouse as a new diver, I wasen't real sure what to expect from dive shops in deals. I went in armed with a low on line price. They came down $125 from there asking price. Basicly matced the on line price with shipping.
So by doing it this way I get online pricing and dealer service.
Just a tip for other newbies.

I guess that is good since you can have it without waiting for shipping and you can try it on in the shop. Hope you enjoy your new BCD.

all depends on the dive shop whether they will do it or not, you lucked out this time. Hope you enjoy it! And btw -- what BC is it?

Good for Woldcard. Look at all the positives: 1) bought an important piece of personal gear; 2) supported local dive shop; 3) has opportunity to try out the bc and deal locally with any problems; 4) got a good price; 5) can get local service from vendor. Sounds to me like win-win-win-win-win.
DivemasterDennis

I guess that is good since you can have it without waiting for shipping and you can try it on in the shop. Hope you enjoy your new BCD.
L4D, a little tip--take a look at the date of the previous post before you reply. This particular thread to which you have replied was originally posted nearly a decade ago.

Yea I saw that too.... but the point is still valid today. I hope those that get a good deal from their local dive shops, honor that deal by doing more business with them (even when there may times that they cant match an online deal). Honor and respect goes both ways... LDS are at the heart of the diving industry and "normally" are very knowledgable divers who are trying to live their own dream.

(I'd send you a "have you hugged a diver today t-shirt_ but way too many people might take that the wrong way! have fun

After almost a decade..........The same subjects are still around here on ScubaBoard. Split fins anyone?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom