Just got a GH-1...so the journey begins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So the 10-bar case is good for the GF1? Can I get a link?

Love my GF1, on the surface, so far.

Sure; GF-1 Housing at Optical Ocean Sales.

The GH-1 housings are in, but in very short supply. One note; the 14-140 is not compatible for UW use. That means that you'll have to buy some additional lenses. The 10Bar system supports most of the micro 4/3rds lenses from BOTH Panasonic and Olympus; 17 or 20mm, 14-45 or 14-42, 7-14 or 9-18, 45mm macro and now the 8mm FE with the new dome port I just got into stock. You can mix and match.

Here's the GH-1;
_DSC2464.jpg

Jack

Last edited:
Here's a shot of the GH-1 with the new 8mm M77x125DZ port.

33470_10150092906909112_94479919111_7422380_1968164_n.jpg

Jack

Well, finally managed to get case.. lens and actually get wet with it.

Destin is not a very friendly place for a wide angle lens....but wanted to see just how good everything worked... so I put the 7-14mm lens in, and set it to 7mm (I know the 14 worked)...and shot pretty much wide open...

First thing I discovered was that when using the flash, in the dark, deep water I dive in, if you use aperture priority, it defaulted to 1/30th of a second..so I decided to shoot that way.

Second, I shot in 16 x 9... which is wider than 4 x 3 with this camera...so the angle of view is wider than 114 degrees...and if you do not use their software, it is even wider than that.

So, how did it work? Well the corners are a bit blurry... and the field of view is stupid wide.

This is an image of a roughly 7 ft wide, ten foot long southern sting ray:

stingray_0311_004_small.jpg

Oh, I am about 5-6 ft from it.

This is what a person looks like from just over three feet:

divers_0311_002.jpg

Vis was around 20 ft, so the back divers are about that far away.

Here is a shot of that stingray, from roughly just inside 3 ft... the remora's a 1.5 to 2 ft long....

stingray_0311_002.jpg

He (she) is just getting up because I got too close ...

I did a video with it, and foot long fish look like tiny half inch fish...

So my thoughts... well, it works...stopped down and using a normal image size, the corners are ok....the lens is amazingly sharp, and unless a whale or whale shark swims by, 7mm is way too wide....

The camera is lovely to handle underwater, easier than most point and shoots...

Will be using manual when I try out the 45mm macro in a couple a couple of weeks...

Great shots, thanks for sharing. I love the stingray. Please do post shots/experiences with the 45mm when you get a chance.

Great shots, thanks for sharing. I love the stingray. Please do post shots/experiences with the 45mm when you get a chance.

Thanks... I;m really looking forward to it...I switched back to my LX-5, and shot this in even worse vis...

anenome_0311_0041.jpg

I was told last night where a number of pipe fish live, so will try to get pictures of them with the 45mm...

Last week was shooting the 45mm macro... what a lovely lens. Ok, the field of view is not very wide, but it is a joy to shoot with.

When the lens is set to full range focus... the focus speed is really slow, but once set, this camera is a fast as any DSLR I have ever used (perhaps faster)...

I am going to have trouble going back to the LX5 for macro...

These were shot in around 90 ft of water, with about 20 ft of vis..

scfish_2011_4_001.jpg

sandgoby_11_04_002.jpg

nudi_11_04_001.jpg

Blenny_11_04_003.jpg

Great fun to use...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom