Just finished my trip, some fresh reports..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nicke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,
Just finished my three week long trip to the Philippines.

First stop Puerto Galera, Atlantis.
Fantastic crew and organisation! this is the best diveorganisation i've been to.
The diving was OK, the only thing was that the visability wasn't great, But I guess it depends on the time of year and the last Typhoons.

The surrounding town... lets face it, you go to Puerto Galera to dive.. period..

Second stop, Anilao, Dive Solana.. WOW, the best resort i've been to in the Philippines (I've been to about 15 in total) Adrien is the coolest guy. We had the fortune to celebrate New Years Eve there, I will never forget that night..
The diving here was abit more relaxed, suited me just fine, better vis than in PG and some really nice critters, Nudies, Mandarinfish etc etc.. Adrien knows his divespots for sure.

Third and last stop, Atlantis Dumagete. Also good organisation, nice divemasters. Perhaps not as top notch organisation as it's couterpart in PG. Bad vis in the housereef but to top off our trip - Apo Island was supernice visability and one of the best divespots i've been to so far. The drift dive in cocopoint was awesome!!

/Niklas

cool, first time i've heard mandarin fishes being spotted in anilao. A good addition to the usual gobis, eels and batfishes you'll see in daryl laut. :)

Nicke, glad you had a great time. I'm gonna have to go back to Apo Island during a moon change! When we did Coconut Point, there was barely any current. I can image that being a fun dive w/ current :wink:

Nice report.
Photos?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom