Just Dropping In To Say Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BilgeRat57

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all! Just joined today March 7,2010
Started diving certified last June and have been diving off and on until a few family situations put a halt to it. But I will remedy that the next few weeks. I am currently an open diver working on his advanced and hopefully on other facets of diving. As a kid I used to free dive with older friends and cousins off of the beaches of Oceanside California and promised myself I would tank dive when I got older. Well life sometimes dictates things you cannot deny because when you have to help family you have to do it and not complain. Now at 51 years of age I am able to do it. I try to keep in shape, moved back to Southern California from Arizona and am loving it.
I used to peruse this site often when questions popped in my head about diving and to this day am amazed at the wealth of information and experience of all the members here. As I build up bottom time I hope to contribute as well. Thanks for having me.

A big welcome to SB and a Hi!,
I think you will find a great bunch of people here on the board.
Check out vintage divers forum,which has a small but very experienced
group of women and men from diverse backgrounds.But i am sure you will
find your niche somewhere here on the board.
Welcome, PORBEAGLE

I certainly will check out the vintage section. I was a big fan of old black and white movies and some old silent films that had underwater themes or scenes in them. Like "The Wreck Of The Mary Deare" and of course, Sea Hunt with Lloyd Bridges as Mike Nelson. Love the double hose look. Once again thanks!

Welcome to the board. This place is great to "scratch the diving itch" while awaiting your next trip...

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom