just did something stupid...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I was cleaning the housing of my 5050 and moved the rubber that is in the part that they lens opens to and now I can't get it back in....does this have anything to do with the seal?

grrr...got it almost back in...just one "hair" standing up. I'm sure it will be in the way..don't you just hate it? grrrrr

I just checked mine and I would also say that it probably has nothing to do with the seal. It does look like it might have something to do with the seating of the camera in the case though. I'd put the camera in and make sure that it's not loose as a result. Better yet I'd try very hard to get the rubber back in correctly!
Maybe the case is just protesting because your affections have gone somewhere else?

Thanks for checking Kim :D I'm trying really hard...just missing about 2 mm...where the rubber puckers.pushing and pulling to no avail....sigh

Kim:
Maybe the case is just protesting because your affections have gone somewhere else?

UW my heart is true to my oly:10:

Maybe a VERY small amount of silicone would help?

That's my thinking, yes. Really not too much though or it might get places it shouldn't be!

It's not part of the seal.

If you can't get it seated properly you may have to take the lens port apart from the exterior of the housing.

If you need directions I have them here for the PT-010 housing which I am sure is similar.

ok, trying that...and if I don't get it in perfectly (I'm going diving in an hour)...will it be a problem?

Back
Top Bottom