Just Curious...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erik Il Rosso

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When diving with two deco bottles the first one is fixed at left chest D ring and left hip D ring but I do not know how/where the second bottle will be fixed and I also would like to know how to swap bottles (divided in steps) when I have to switch from Nitrox 50 to Oxygen...

My instructor promised me that we will talk about these things tomorrow but I cannot wait...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

P.S. Do I have to add a second D ring on the left hip ???

Here's 3 different ways I'm familiar with:

1. Add a 6th d-ring or Bryden buckle and clip the second bottle on the right.
2. Clip the second bottle next to the first one.
3. Clip the second bottle (O2) by the top clip on the left hip d-ring. This works best if the bottle is neutral and hangs there bottom up behind you. Then when you are ready to switch gasses, switch the bottles around. You can take a backgas break while doing this.

Erik Il Rosso:
When diving with two deco bottles the first one is fixed at left chest D ring and left hip D ring but I do not know how/where the second bottle will be fixed and I also would like to know how to swap bottles (divided in steps) when I have to switch from Nitrox 50 to Oxygen...

My instructor promised me that we will talk about these things tomorrow but I cannot wait...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

P.S. Do I have to add a second D ring on the left hip ???
Some folks hook both bottles to the left rings. Some hook both bottles to the left side but hook the second bottle to the first bottle's clips. Some folks hook a bottle on each side.
Some folks keep the rich mix on the right...
Whatever you do, you should be consistant within the team, including your step-by-step to make sure everybody's using the right gas at the right time.
Mine may not be exactly the same as your instructor's so beyond saying that you want to make a positive ID on each gas before you breathe it I'll leave the specifics to him/her.
Rick

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom