Just Booked my trip!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jefffalcone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, I just booked a trip to the Philippines in March. I will be there from march 13 - 31. March 16 - 21 I will be diving the Tabbataha Reef on a liveaboard. I don't have anything planned for march 21 - 31 yet. I am interested in seeing the Bacuit Archipelago and possibly doing some wreck diving. Does anyone have suggestions of things I should do while I am there. Since it is a relatively short trip, I will probably stay in the Palawan area for the entire trip, unless someone tells me there is something elsewhere that I must see.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Also, can anyone tell me if rental tanks tend to have DIN or K valves in the Philippines?

pretty much all yokes. best to get yourself an adapter before the trip.

if you plan on staying in the palawan area most of the time (in prep for your tubba trip) you can do the wrecks in coron!

about a dozen WWII japanese wrecks w/in recreational depths...

your options include puerto princesa (capital of palawan)- busuanga (gateway to coron) has a regular puddle jumper via seair (SEAIR - South East Asian Airlines)

you can also save on the no-fly time by taking the superferry (SuperFerry - Aboitiz Transport System Corporation) coron-puerto princesa but that only happens once a week (don't know if there are other ferry services that hit that route)

Jag

We are all DIN and convert to that silly yoke when necessary..........

No, most serious recreational divers are converting to the DIN valve....safer and easier to work on.....we have yoke setups too....for those of you that use them

If you are going to stay in the Palawan area, I second the Coron wrecks, otherwise go to Bohol. Alona beach will give you some great diving!!

Back
Top Bottom